Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Skeletons

         One night when I was about 11 years-old, my Dad came home from a meeting with the Democratic Club in our small town of Boston, New York. He said that they had asked him if he would run for Town Council!
          But Dad had told them no. He said he could never run for any office because he had skeletons in his closet!
          My first thought upon hearing that was, “Well, there go my chances for the Presidency!”
          However, it did not surprise me to hear my father referring to his family history as skeletons in the closet. He was always secretive and sensitive to his difficult childhood.
          It has taken me the rest of my years to find out what those skeletons refer to. And there might even be a few that I will never know about at all. Of course, should I decide to run for President, or Town Council, the media will be sure to open all the closet doors and my curiosity will at last be quenched.
          So Dad’s quote for December is, there are too many skeletons in my closet.
335 20151201 Skeletons

          

No comments:

Post a Comment